Indian Falls United Methodist Church
Next came the realization of a new parsonage with construction starting in August 1954, a cornerstone in September 1955 and a dedication of the same in December 1957.
On Sunday morning, July 12, 1959, ground was broken for an addition to the church, which doubled the seating capacity of the sanctuary and added nine classrooms. Consecration services were held on May 29, 1960. At the centennial celebration of our church founding on July 14, 1962, the dedication of this debt-free project was included.
The women of the church have been organized since 1903 with the formation of a Ladies Aid and soon after a Missionary Society. They became the Woman’s Activity Group in 1946, a Woman’s Society of Christian Service in 1948 and the present United Methodist Women in 1973.
The Youth of our church celebrated their fifty years of organization in 1971, having been known as the Epworth League until 1940. They are still active under the United Methodist Youth Fellowship.
Samuel Field was dedicated in 1966 and the name of the church was officially changed in 1968 to the Indian Falls United Methodist Church as part of the formal uniting of the Methodist and Evangelical United Brethren Church. The Carillon bells were replaced in November of 1969 and dedicated. In 1969 senior citizens dinners were started with different groups from the church putting on a dinner each month for area senior citizens and it is still being continued today.
The first Lay Witness Weekend was held in 1973, the dedication of a new Allen organ was in 1976, the first Missionary Conference was held in 1977 and the upgrading of the heating system and the placing of a new rug in the sanctuary and several classrooms was completed in 1979.